DRI Provides Insight on Gender and Private Sector Disaster Management in New Publication
DRI recently contributed to a new publication from the Connecting Business initiative (CBi)
, exploring how gender considerations influence private sector disaster management, and how the interlinked actions among gender, disaster management and the private sector can offer win-win solutions that benefit people, business and the broader society.
The document also presents:
- a special chapter on COVID-19
- a case study on women-led micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) facing a double disaster in a small island developing state
- a case study on opportunities for displaced women leading MSMEs
- a case study on the digital gender divide influencing women’s access to humanitarian assistance, and
- a mapping of 200 resources.
Click here to download the report.